Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The High Plains Journal

As a young farmer, I am constantly looking for resources and publications where I can get information that is not only timely, but derived from sources who are successful in agriculture - not just good at researching others who are.

For as long as I can remember, my dad has gotten a copy of the High Plains Journal each week.  It is literally the size of a large place mat and fills our entire mail box.  This "Texas sized" publication is stocked from cover to cover with information about Ag Markets, classifieds and real stories about real people who are trying really hard to build a legacy for their families through their farming and ranching operations - not to mention columns from a number of seasoned Ag professionals including fellow Northwest Oklahoman, Jerry Nine - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I personally enjoy a hard copy of something in my hands.  I guess thatt's almost retro these days, so if you prefer to read publications online, the High Plains Journal does not require you to purchase a membership to access the vast resources available on their website.  These include full-length articles and links to other valuable resources dedicated to a diverse sampling of the Ag industry from crops and livestock to farm shows and conventions.

Take time to check out their website at www.hpj.com and I promise you won't be disappointed.  You can also follow them on Facebook for updates. 

Everyone laughs when they catch me digging through the mail to gather up the recent issue, but they are always curious to hear the latest and greatest I have to offer after reading it.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment